Monday, June 20, 2011

Back in the City

Well, I made it home safe and sound after a wonderful country weekend.  Ricardo dropped me off at the skytrain in Burnaby and I was horrified to find out when I arrived home that I had forgotten my keys at his place.  I've been doing so little for myself over the last few days, I've forgotten how to manage.  How embarrassing.  My building manager wasn't too impressed but is working on a temporary set for the next few days.

We were able to get quite a bit of the house packed up for the move on Saturday - me one-handed of course.  Ricardo is so excited, and so he should be.  He has purchased a four bedroom house with a nice patch of grass all by himself and apparently it feels like Christmas is approaching.  I am so very happy for him.  It is a beautiful place.  We'll have to try and keep him busy for the next few days though because he just can't stand the wait.

Today is the anniversary of the first day we met for coffee on Granville Island. This turned into a day of window shopping, lunch, and learning about each other's lives.  Even though he was 45 minutes late, I was very impressed (it was Father's Day and he had a good excuse - he also looked pretty nice in his jeans).  And, he made me blush like a school girl when he asked me for a kiss.  Still to this day walks on the outside of me.

So now the problem is trying to figure out what for dinner.  I am at the moment happy that I am sequestered at home with no keys but it could get problematic.  I've managed to arrange for dinner at home most days but we have had Indian twice and Pho and White Spot once each for lunch.  Ordering in or going out may not be the way to go tonight.  I am feeling lazy.

Well, wish me luck in the pantry hunt.

till next time

No comments:

Post a Comment