Saturday, June 18, 2011

Recovering

Ricardo and I just finished listening to Vinyl Cafe with our morning coffee - yes still drinking it.  Apparently, along with sugar, a big no-no with cancer patients.  A few more books I have been reading have supported Angela's alkaline diet idea, balancing out the pH in your body.  Although you'd think that lemon would be an acidic addition to your chemistry, it actually turns alkaline upon ingestion and the best way to start your morning is with a big glass of lemon water.

Those of you who have not ever listened to the Vinyl Cafe stories by Stewart Maclean on CBC, it is a must.  This is a Saturday morning tradition that Ricardo started with his kids and has included me in.  The stories are fabulous.  The podcasts can be found above if it's too much to be able to schedule it in 9am Sat mornings.  It is for me usually.  Stewart has been writing stories about a Canadian family of four for years which are hilarious and touching.  Included in the program are up and coming musical guests and stories from people who write in across this great country of ours.

What a beautiful way to start a rainy morning.  We've got a lot of things on the agenda today as the big move is next weekend and I am feeling more and more up to it.  I get to shower today which is a bit scary but I can't wait.  Knowing I couldn't shower for a few days was my biggest horror.  The sponge bath I was given yesterday worked out quite well though.

till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment