Friday, June 03, 2011

Can you Eat to Starve Cancer?

Susan has just left a comment of congrats and a mention to remember "my greens".  Her mother has survived ovarian cancer twice.  Susan and her mother have done a ton of research on nutrition and cancer.  What she is talking about is greens+.

Since letting my "peeps" know about my new dilemma, I have been reading and receiving SO MUCH information on nutrition and health and what you should and should not eat as a cancer patient.

Another dear friend of mine, Angela, has introduced me to the idea of making my diet heavy in alkaline inducing foods to not allow cancer to have anything to feed off of  (acid .. bad!!).  My buddy with big shoulders, Del, has reminded me also that sugar is cancer's life blood.

The day that I was diagnosed, I found out that Del has been working with a small core of very close friends to set up a phenomena called the "Answer for Cancer Tour".  He and three friends are touring on their bikes (motor) across Canada and the States to communicate the need in our world to catch cancer BEFORE it starts and apparently this is possible.

On their website, found at answerforcancertour.com there is a myriad of information about doing just that but the one that really struck home with me was a video by Dr. William Li within the blog "Can you Eat to Starve Cancer?" 

All of the food types that both Susan and Angela were talking about are mentioned here in a process that starves cancer by starving it of a blood supply (that doesn't mean it stops your arteries from working in good health).  It is called "anti-angiogenic therapy".  Exactly....HUH?

Natural inhibitors are:
  • red grapes (and wine reasonable doses!)
  • soybean
  • green tea
  • strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, blueberries, cherries
  • oranges, grapefruit, lemons, pineapple
  • bok choy, kale, parsley, sea cucumber
  • maitake mushroom
  • tumeric, gin sing, licorice, nutmeg, lavender, garlic
  • pumpkin, artichoke, tomato
  • tuna
  • olive oil, grapeseed oil
  • dark chocolate!!!

I am sure there is more but that is what I could poach off Dr. Li's slides.  I think EVERYONE should watch this video.  It is incredibly interesting and I am going to incorporate immediately.

By the way, anyone can ride with the troupe for a leg of the ride if they are interested.  Check out the site.

I will continue to update on health and nutrition if I find something I find worthy for both you healthy and otherwise folks out there!!

Till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment