Saturday, June 04, 2011

A Beautiful day in the Neighbourhood

It is exactly that today.  We have been waiting patiently for summer, as we Canadians are fond of doing, and it looks as if at least spring may have arrived!

I am off to the "country home" this weekend to spend blissful moments with Ricardo - and moments of high entertainment with his kids.  Let's hope that the big "c" won't come in to dialogue or thought as often as it has in the last week and a half or so.  Has it only been that long since I found out?  Wow.  It seems like a lifetime ago, but in a good way.  I am definitely working through it.

I am thinking that these next couple of weeks are going to be fantastic.  I have a new lease on life.  The flowers are brighter, the sky bluer, the foilage greener - or maybe that is because the sun is out.  Never the less, all is good.

I want to thank everyone, once again, for all of your support.  You guys have been awesome.  For Angela, I have a confession to make, I was able to stay off coffee for about 6 whole hours on Thursday and then the surgeon said, "there have been no clinical studies to support...", and I drove home and made myself a glorious americano.  I can say no to almost everything else.  I am certain one day I will concur the god of the bean but not this week.

Till next time

2 comments:

  1. Simone, you are in my prayers, and thanks for the update. Ricardo has been keeping me "looped" and at least I can help answer the kids questions they may not want to ask him. You have all our support! TSS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Therese. You are awesome and I am so glad you are on team Ricardo. He will need your strength and I am so glad we have you there to explain what is going on to the kids. I don't want them to be uncomfortable or scared to talk about it. Please ask Ricardo for my email and phone number if you would like to have access to me a little more directly.
    big hugs
    Simone

    ReplyDelete