Thursday, June 02, 2011

Meeting with the Breast Surgeon

Wooo  Hoooo!  It looks like I'm going to keep the girls!!

I never thought I could be this excited about the prospect of surgery.  My surgeon is awesome by the way, and looked too adorable in her scrubs, clogs and hair net - not to mention authentic.

It seems I have been diagnosed, so far, with a grade 1 carcinoma, which means that it looks like Ricardo caught it early.  I have been penciled in for surgery to take out the lump on June 15 and will find out for certain tomorrow about the date.  Following that will be radiation and depending on if they find there has been any spreadage to the lymph nodes, most probably no chemo.

The only sticky part is that there is another lump on the other side of the nipple (same breast) which seems to be totally benign as far as everyone involved can see, but my surgeon would like to have it biopsied to make absolutely certain before she opens me up.

If god forbid, we do find cancer in the 2nd cyst, we'll have to back pedal a bit but we'll take it as it comes.

My lovely man was with me for the good news.  It looks as though I've gotten out of helping him move into his new country house on the 25th!   It was a bit of a drastic measure, but I figured I'd find a way.  City girls PAY someone to move for them.

This city girl is looking forward to some day soon, teaching herself to garden.

Till next time

2 comments:

  1. yahoooo. Fingers crossed for the second cyst, and most probably no chemo!! Keep on the greens. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yahoo is right!! Fingers are crossed and the greens are good!!

    ReplyDelete